With destination weddings gaining popularity, the staff here at Wyndham Vacation Resorts are often asked about the option of getting married at Wyndham Resort Denarau Island – and it’s easier than you might think!
Is a Destination Wedding in Fiji right for you?
If you are a Bridezilla who wants to be on hand to control every last aspect of the day, it might not be the best idea … but if you want to exchange vows with the one you love in a beautiful location, and you’re pretty relaxed about the finer details then it might just be the best decision you ever make (apart from your future spouse of course!)
The Top 10 Reasons a Destination Wedding is perfect
- You can say “I do” anywhere! – Why not choose a picturesque sandy beach, with the tropical breeze?
- It’s easier – and it’s a complete package price. You let go of the reins, and let a wedding planner do the running around for you. Sure, you will still need to liaise (by email) but really, after that all you need to do is get you, your fiancé, and your wedding outfit on the plane!
- It’s a great excuse to limit the guest list. The hardest part of planning a wedding is knowing where to draw the line on the guest list. A destination wedding requires travel, and a bigger commitment from your guests which gives you the perfect excuse to cut the second cousins, and work colleagues from the list. Just invite your very closest friends and family to the intimate ceremony and celebration, and throw a party when you get home for everyone else (and save heaps on catering!)
- It’s cost effective – With a smaller guest list, you’ll save a packet on the most expensive part – the reception!
- The striking backdrop - When you choose an amazing setting such as a pristine Fijian beach it doesn’t take a lot to ‘dress it up’ for a wedding…and your photos will be amazing.
- Enjoy quality time with your loved ones - A destination wedding lasts a minimum of 3 days, so you will have so much more time to spend with your guests. Instead of spending one evening running from table to table trying to say hello to everyone, you can actually spend quality time, both before and after the ceremony!
- Guests can have a holiday too - Your family and friends will have a great reason to take a holiday. They’ll have the chance to relax, and celebrate with you, and thank you for it!
- You can start the honeymoon early – You wake up next morning as a married couple already in your honeymoon paradise. After you farewell your guests, you stay on to enjoy the tropical paradise; just the two of you
- The destination itself - It’s Fiji! Just arriving at your destination is sure to put you in a relaxed mood. With the smiling faces of the locals, the onsite beauty spa, massages, cocktails and entertainment…. Where else would you rather be?
- You’ll want to go back – What better reason to return for future romantic getaways on your anniversaries? You could even renew those vows in decades to come with the grandchildren in tow.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Far In Advance Should I Book My Wedding?
The earlier the better. If you plan to get married during the high season (July/August) you need to book at least eight to thirteen months in advance to secure your date. Keep in mind you need to consider the time required for sending out invitations, and often your guests will need time to book and pay for their accommodation, so the earlier the better.
Is There A Good Time Of Year To Get Married In Fiji?
June – September is the best time of the year to travel to Fiji in terms of weather. July and August is “high season”, and is the busiest period of the year. November – February is cyclone season which means a lot of humidity and rain as well.
Is There A Particular Time Of The Day That Is Best Suited To Having A Wedding Ceremony?
Fiji is a hot tropical country so consider the heat when deciding on a ceremony time. Ask the wedding planner for a recommendation. A sunset ceremony is the most popular time of day for a Wedding in Fiji .
What are the legal requirements for getting married in Fiji?
Overseas visitors who intend on marrying in Fiji are required by law to obtain and sign a marriage license from the registry office in Nadi prior to the wedding. Most wedding planners will handle all legal documentation prior to arrival therefore the couple must forward original or certified copies of the required documentation well in advance of the wedding date. Fijian weddings are legal in Australia; all you will need to do is change your name with Births, Deaths and Marriages when you get home.
Can I get married at Wyndham Resort Denarau Island?
Resort management is happy to consult with guests to have their wedding service on the beach with no venue hire charge. Telephone: +67 9 675 0442 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options. The onsite restaurant ‘Mamacita’s Mexican Restaurant’ can also be hired as a reception venue (conditions apply).
Resort staff cannot organise weddings, but can recommend the following wedding planners:
- Tadra Weddings specialise in creating unique, personalized and memorable Weddings. Tadra Weddings offer a range of popular, all-inclusive packages eliminating the stress for overseas couples and their guests seeking a hassle free destination wedding on our beautiful tropical island.
- Fiji Weddings is your one stop resource for all your wedding needs, from your wedding essentials (ceremony, reception decor, flowers, photography, bridal beauty, entertainment) through to the smaller details such as wedding favours.
- Rosie Weddings believe that every event should be unique, and designed to meet the Individual. Specialising in the art of event design, and seamlessly integrating the 5 senses – Sight, aroma, sound, taste and Texture, to orchestrate a truly memorable event. Their Goal is to take your Vision and make it even more captivating then you could have ever imagined