Have you got Vacation Credits in your account that have ‘WMTS’, ‘WM’ or ‘WMA’ and every time you see it you’ve questioned ‘What does that really mean?’
If you want to talk to an expert regarding your Ownership then why not also attend one of our Online Conference Calls with other WorldMark Owners? They are fun and interactive; they are also good if you want a refresher on the basics. Head to www.worldmarksp.com/conferencecalls and register today!
Well, Guess what!
I’m going to help you discover the meaning behind each different Vacation Credit type.
Within the WorldMark Club there are different Vacation Credit Types used in exchange for reserving rooms. All types of Vacation Credits will have the same equal value however what you can do with those Vacation Credits will differ.
The Vacation Credit Types are:
- WMTS Privileges Qualified Credits
- WM Credits
- WMA Credits
Firstly, let’s talk about WMTS Privileges Qualified Credits.
Did you sign up at one of our Sales Sites in Australia, Fiji or New Zealand and purchase the Privileges entitlements as part of your package?
Well, you’re going to be an Owner with WMTS Privileges Qualified Credits. These are the most common Vacation Credits for a WorldMark Owner to receive. These Vacation Credits mean that you are qualified for a Privileges membership and all of the benefits involved in your particular level of membership.
With WMTS Privileges Qualified Credits you can use these Vacation Credits towards a variety of different benefits within the Ownership. Such as:
- WorldMark South Pacific Club Properties
- Associate Resorts
- WorldMark, The Club (North American Properties)
- ICE Vacations (Unless WMTS Privileges Qualified Credits are expiring within 6 months)
- Wyndham Rewards
- Privileges Benefits that are relevant to a WorldMark Owner’s individual tier level i.e. Wyndham Rewards Exchange
- Grab It (Unless Credits are expiring within 90 days)
Did you sign up to the WorldMark South Pacific Club after 1st May 2010 but didn’t opt in for a Privileges by Wyndham membership?
Well. Let’s talk more about the next type of Vacation Credits which are known as WM Credits.
Please note: If you purchased your Vacation Credits directly from another WorldMark Owner or through the resale market after the 1st May 2010 these will also be WM Vacation Credits.
Below are the following benefits that you can use:
- WorldMark South Pacific Club Resorts
- RCI Spacebanking and Confirm First
- ICE Vacations (Unless WM Credits are expiring within 6 months)
- GRAB IT’S (Unless expiring within 90-45 days)
- Interval International Deposits
- Grab It (Unless expiring within 90 days)
You may notice that this type of Vacation Credit does not have access to WorldMark, The Club (North American properties).
To access WorldMark, The Club properties you must be a Privileges member if you’ve purchased your Credits after the 1st May 2010.
So did you purchase your Credits prior to 1st May 2010 and didn’t opt in for Privileges?
You will see WMA Credits when you look in your account.
With these Credits you have access to all the above benefits mentioned in WM Vacation Credits plus you can use your WMA Credits with WorldMark, The Club!
The reason for this is due to ‘The Exchange Network Agreement’ which is an agreement that was made between Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific and its parent company, Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. This agreement was then altered after the 1st May 2010.
You may have both WM and WMA Credit types in the same account. But it is important to note that only WMA Credits can be used to book North American resorts in ‘WorldMark, The Club’.
There are also three additional WM Credit Types that you may have in your WorldMark account.
- Bonus/Incentive Credits - These Credits may be offered to you as a sales campaign, or an incentive for joining/upgrading the WorldMark South Pacific Club Ownership.
- Trial Credits – If you were once a Discovery by Wyndham member, you may have had Trial Credits converted over to your WorldMark South Pacific Club Ownership.
- Trade Credits – If you participate in the Exchange Plus program, these are the Credits that you will receive in your WorldMark South Pacific Club account.
Please refer to the below table on the three different types of ‘WM Credits’:
Now it’s time to go and check what type of Vacation Credit you have and make those bookings!
Remember for any account enquiries you can contact the Owner Services team on the details below:
Phone: AU: 1300 850 160 NZ 0800 850 160 FJ 00 800 32 63 INTERNATIONAL: +61 7 5512 8021
Operating Hours: Monday – Friday: 7:00am AEST – 8:00pm AEST
Saturday – Sunday: 8:30am AEST – 4:30pm AEST
To book online head to the WorldMark Website at www.worldmarksp.com.
On a side note – Don’t forget that you have a 13 month booking window for your 30 Club Resorts and I’d strongly recommend utilizing this as you also have a flexible cancellation policy!
Until next time everyone….Happy Holidaying!!
Owner Education Consultant